In a fast paced work environment with high expectations, it is important to be aware of your achievements as well as acknowledge your areas for development. Managing Your Success will help participants identify their unique qualities, skills and talents that will leverage their success. It will teach participants the benefits of participating in a performance management process, the value of receiving feedback and collaborating with their managers and how to choose accountability and goal setting to help them get to where they want to go.
As a result of participating in Managing Your Success, participants will:
- Discover the qualities, skills and talents they possess to be visible in an organization.
- Explore strategies for being accountable to themselves and others.
- Understand where goal creation fits into their success.
- Explore best practices related to SMART goal-writing.
- Practice writing and editing goals.
- Identify how to collaborate with their manager to be accountable for their own success.
TIMING: 1.5 – 3 hours
- The relationship between performance management and performance reviews
- I wish I’d said that
- Identifying strengths and talents
- The new definition of accountability
2. Performance Management Goals and Process
- Why Performance evaluations?
- The performance management process
- Your role in the performance management process
3. Setting Goals
- Introduction to SMART goals
- Tips for setting SMART goals
4. Collaborating With Your Manager
- Receiving feedback
- Active Listening
- Final thoughts and action plan